If you are lost in the world of wedding planning, this contributed post may help make it a little easier.
Planning a wedding can be very tough, if you’re in the middle of planning one, then I don’t need to tell you how hard it can be! There are so many different aspects and details that need to be thought about very carefully. Today, I want to help any wedding planners out there by giving you the main aspects of your wedding that you can’t afford to neglect. Nail these things, and your wedding will be a memorable success for everyone that attends.
Ensuring that you get the vows right is so important for your wedding. Nobody wants to deal with the awkwardness of a poorly prepared set of vows. If the two of you aren’t comfortable writing your own vows, then don’t force it! This should be THE moment of your wedding, that special part where dry eyes become wet. Just make sure that you know your vows, and you’re both comfortable saying them. This avoids any awkward moments at the altar.
Choosing the groomsmen and bridesmaids is a tough task that needs lots of attention. You need to ensure you make the right picks and don’t offend anyone. Don’t choose a handful of your core friend group to be your groomsmen or bridesmaids and leave out a couple of others. Either they’re all in, or none of them are in. Or, you can devise a fair way to decide between them all. Normally, it’s a good idea to choose family as these people because it means none of your friends will be upset.
The Send Off
The send-off happens right at the end of the ceremony as you and your partner walk hand in hand back down the aisle waving and beaming at all your guests. It’s a huge moment. It’s the moment that remains etched in people’s minds and signals the beginning of your marriage and the start of party time at the reception. There are loads of wedding send off ideas out there, ranging from the boring - having people throw rice over you as you walk out to the classic wedding theme - to the more elaborate - glitter, pom poms, sequins, and even live doves being released into the air. The choice is yours, just make sure you give this aspect some extra thought.
Naturally, your reception is just as important as your wedding ceremony. If anything, it might be more important that you get this right. It’s the part of your big day where everyone can have a real celebration and let their hair down. Make sure you pick a good location, have various food and drink options, and cater to anyone with dietary requirements. The aim here is just to make sure everyone has the best time possible and leaves with happy memories.
There you have it; the main aspects of your wedding that demand the most of your attention. Anything else I haven’t mentioned? Feel free to contribute some ideas of your own so we can all come together and help make wedding planning a whole lot easier!
5 relationship resolutions are discussed in this contributed post.
Many of us grow up with the notion that when we meet the right person, everything will fall into place. That life will be easy, and our relationship will be perfect. We have the unrealistic idea that the right relationship won’t take any effort, it will just work.
In reality, this is far from true. All relationships take time, effort, understanding and compromise to work. If you’ve spent 2017 focused on business or your own development and not given your relationships the time they need to grow and thrive, then it’s time to make some changes. Even if you feel like 2017 was a great year and your relationship is in a good place, you can always do more. So, let’s take a look at some relationship resolutions for 2018.
Give Them Time
When we’re working hard or busy looking after our children, it can be easy to neglect our partners. We just assume they’ll always be there and that if we live together, we’re seeing them plenty. Even if you go to sleep together every night, wake up together every morning and eat the odd meal around the same table, it might not be enough. Promise yourself that in 2018 you will give them more time. Quality time when you sit and talk, cook a meal together, or go for a date night. Where it’s just about you two and your relationship. Do this as often as you can.
Learn to Compromise
At the beginning of a relationship, when we’re keen to impress, we compromise a lot. We want them to think we’re the right person for them, so we let things go. Then, as time goes by the art of compromise can be lost. Everytime something happens, try to remember how happy this person can make you. Is that worth losing over whatever you are fighting over, or would you be better off compromising or letting the small stuff go?
Put them First
Work, kids, social media, nights out, and hobbies are all things that we often put before our partners when we are in long-term relationships. Don’t. Sometimes say “no I’m not going to go to that event, I’m going to spend that time with you” let them see that you value them and your time together above all else.
One of the main problems with relationships today is that we’re all only ever giving real life half of our attention. We get home from work and spend the evening glued to a screen. Even when we’re out with our partners or families, we’re constantly checking our notifications. Make a rule that phones and tablets go away after a certain time, and don’t always take them out with you. Give your real life your full, undivided attention, and you may all enjoy it a lot more.
Try New Things
Don’t get stuck in a pattern. We all need a routine when it comes to working and the school run, but you can still try new things. Go to new places, play a new game, listen to new music, try a new meal, anything different is something shared together and gives you something to talk about.
If a relationship has come to an end this year, and you’re not happy about the decision, it doesn’t have to be the end. Make some changes and try to get your ex back, before it is too late.
Relationships are one thing in life that it’s worth looking after. Whatever state yours is in, make 2018 the year it soars.
The December Holidays Collection
by Frank Kermit
Heart-Break Holidays: Holiday Couples Split
Hurt, Lonely and Grieving At The Holidays
(Heavy Heart Holidays)
Mourning Loss Over The Holidays
The Holiday Mistake That Singles Make
(It's Good To Start Dating)
Giving Thanks For Holiday Workers
New Relationships Started During Holidays
Parents, New Partners and Holiday Dinners
(Let The Holiday Headaches Begin!)
Single Going Into The Holiday Season
December Dilemma: Inter Faith Holiday Couples
Gift Giving Guide for Holiday Dating
(For The Stages of Dating)
Office Holiday Party Advice, Rules and Etiquette
Holidays: Everybody's Happy Except You
Give the Gift of Your Time for the Holidays
Mourning Loss Over The Holidays
Coping With Loss: The First Year of Firsts
5 Tips To Smell Good for Dating
Some wedding entertainment ideas are explored in this contributed post.
What’s the best part of a wedding? Is it getting to make your vows in front of all your nearest and dearest? Or is it the wedding breakfast and all the delicious goodies you’ll get to drink throughout the day? We all have our own favorite part of weddings, but I’m sure that most of the guests will agree that their favorite part is the evening party. This is after all of the usual formalities and when everyone can let their hair down.
Want to throw an evening wedding celebration that your friends and family will remember for the rest of their lives? Here are some great ideas that can help you get the wedding party started!
DJ And Disco
One of the usual options that you will find couples go with is a DJ and disco. After all, everyone loves a good old dance, and you will find that the best wedding DJ gets all of your guests up on their feet! A DJ will spin his records throughout the night and until the wee hours. If you want, you and your partner can let him or her know what type of music you prefer so that you can be sure that you will enjoy the music. Just make sure you add some classic wedding songs. After all, it’s not a wedding party if the DJ doesn’t play Lionel Richie!
As well as DJs, live bands are a very popular choice for evening wedding entertainment. This is an especially popular choice for couples who really enjoy music and regularly go to gigs. There will be lots of great wedding bands in your local area, so it’s a good idea to take a look and see who you can get to play on your special day. Whether you prefer rock music or jazz, I’m sure you will be able to find someone that plays your kind of tunes!
There are now lots of firms, such as http://www.bergenlimo.com/fleet/new-jersey-nj/, that hire out large party limos for various celebrations. Why not incorporate these into your wedding’s evening celebrations? This is a really great idea if your wedding ceremony is going to be in a different venue to your evening party. It’s a super fun way to get all your guests from A to B!
Do you have a few friends and relatives who love to sing? If so, then they will dive head first into a karaoke party! You can either hire a karaoke bar, such as one of the ones mentioned at http://www.refinery29.com/the-best-karaoke-bars-in-nyc, or you can rent a karaoke machine to take to your reception venue. Either way, I’m sure all of your guests will love showing off their vocal skills or lack thereof!
No matter which one of these you choose, you are sure to have a great wedding party!
36 Reasons Someone Ghosts You After a Great First Date
by Frank Kermit
You go out on a first date that goes incredibly well. There is great music, a proper mood, great talks, laughter, and physical contact including passionate kissing, and you maybe even had sex!
Things are going so well that based on the way you are connecting, you both make plans for a second date. Then the next day, the person contacts you and says that they are not interested anymore and did not feel any chemistry. Why would anyone go through the motions of an entire first date as if they are interested only to say in an impersonal communication the next day they did not feel any chemistry?
Actually, it could be a number of reasons. It really depends on the overall context. As a coach for dating and relationships, I have come across more than my fair share of reasons why people disappear (Ghost) after a great first date.
Here are some possibilities and reasons that come directly from my experience as a coach, working with people who have dumped someone after a great first date:
When It is Because of You
(You did something that turned them off)
Each person has emotional needs. If you did not satisfy the emotional needs of the person you dated they will have no motivation to date you again. Maybe you seriously violated the person’s emotional needs. If you did not violate an emotional need, it is also possible that you simply did not address them and were neutral. When someone tells you “no chemistry” it is possible you killed the chemistry yourself.
1. Something you said/did on the date turned the other person right off. The person could not react in the moment, (for example: During the date you made insulting jokes about a particular group of people and the person is related to someone of that group) so instead of acting in the moment and revealing private personal information, the person chose to act as if everything was OK to protect their privacy for the rest of the night to be safe.
2. You’re just a little too boring. The person sensed that you generally have a good heart, but they simply are not into you as much as you are into them. The person liked you a lot, but not as much as you liked them, so they decided it was best to cut you loose before you get more attached and got really hurt. The person might be trying to be ethical after all, but has chosen a less than great way to do it.
3. You love too much drama. The person is more sedate and seeks a calmer companion, but everything about you screams drama-drama-drama, from the things you like to talk about, to how you handle common situations that came up on your date. Maybe you acted too immature, like a child. The emotional range that comes with high doses of drama can in fact be a lot of fun in the short term, but can be very draining for others in the long term. After that first date was over the other person decided that you were too much for them.
4. You did not stand up for yourself. I hear this one quite a bit. Sometimes your date will test you to see if you would stand up for yourself, and when you didn’t, it was a turn off. Some people just do not want to date a mousy person. They seek out someone that isn’t afraid to be assertive, and are willing to speak their minds. Ever had that gnawing feeling that you should have said something at some point on the date, but held back because you were trying to be too nice and too polite? That might have been the moment you failed a test for assertiveness.
5. You came across like you were going to dump them. You gave the impression that you were not serious about seeing the other person again, so the other person decided to dump you first, before you had the chance to abandon them. Did you make the person feel they were unique to you? Did you give the impression you were the type of person that could commit long term? If you did not do these two things, the other person has no evidence to take you seriously when you say you intend to see them again. Very few people are going to stick around for a second date with a person that comes across as wanting to be independent of them.
6. You came across as untrustworthy. If the person you dated felt you could not be honest with them out of a fear of conflict, or if you came across as someone that could not be honest with yourself, they simply will not be able to put faith into anything you say or do. Trust is a key factor for any relationship. Violating a person’s sense of trust will not get you a second date, even if they decided to have fun with you on the first date.
7. You don’t make people feel safe with you. Maybe the person looked you up on the Internet after the first date and the searches revealed lots of information about you from your professional work profiles, and your social media. With the mystery gone, (and perhaps finding out things about you and your worst moments and traits), it was a no-go from there. Maybe you are friends with someone that is an ex lover of theirs, or they do not like the social circles you keep. Maybe they just did not feel safe with you, either physically or they worry associating with you will hurt their reputation. Perhaps you publicly shared too many things that your date would rather keep private and they worried you are not a good secret keeper. The bottom line is that even after a great first date, if a person does not feel safe enough with you, there will be no second date.
8. You’re a lousy kisser and/or lover. I am sorry to say this, but just because you really enjoyed yourself on that first date, it is not a direct indication that your date enjoyed it too. Even if your date had an orgasm, it may have less to do with your efforts than you might care to admit. This is not about just being sexually incompatible (see further down the list when that comes up). This is about you just not being any good. Sexual skills are just like any other skills. You can develop a better skill set, if you are willing to learn, experiment, and are open to feedback. However, unless you make it clear that you want feedback to help your date enjoy being with you, your date might assume that you are just going to be this lousy on an ongoing basis, and rather than tell you the truth, they would rather just avoid having to be physical with you again.
9. You come across too happy being single. You are not relationship minded enough. You said that you wanted to see the other person again and you really meant it, and the person believes you meant it as well. However, the question becomes are you capable? Not everyone knows how to act in a relationship. This comes up a lot for people that have either never had a relationship, or people that have been single for so long that they have forgotten the nuances of how to take another person’s involvement into account. A person who acts too happy being single, might give the impression they would rather not be in a relationship. If you expressed how much you rather enjoy doing things on your own that the other person would rather do as a couple, you aren’t going to convince anyone that you are seriously interested in a second date.
10. You would rather be with a different gender/sexual orientation. Believe it or not, just because you are willing to date someone of a certain gender/sexual orientation, it is not enough evidence you actually want to be dating a person of that gender/sexual orientation. Sometimes the frustration that you feel towards the dating scene and specifically the gender/sexual orientation of your past dates, might come across that you would rather date someone that is the opposite of the gender/sexual orientation of the person you are currently dating. If you are giving a vibe that you may not be fully comfortable in your own skin, or if your frustrations get misinterpreted as hate, or lack of attraction for the gender/sexual orientation of the person you are currently dating, it is unlikely that they will want to have a second date with you, even with the first date ending OK.
11. You are missing something they want. Some people do not want to bother with a second date if they do not see a definite future with you. If the other person is looking for someone to back them up for the long term, they will be looking for things like: stability, if you can support their lifestyle, and their social environment. Can you hang with their social groups, and at least equal or better their own current status. If they already have elements of a life plan in place and they do not see you fitting into their plans, a great first date, might also be the last date if they cannot envision a future with you being part of their life plan.
12. You are too needy. Perhaps things were going really well until you went a little too far and gave the impression that you were just too needy. This means that the other person did not feel that you wanted them because of the commitment they had earned from you; they felt you were so desperate for any companionship that you wanted a second date because it is better than being alone. Sometimes a needy person comes across as way too compliant; lacking any personal boundaries who might one day lash back because they do not feel they are getting the same level back from the other person that they are putting in. The scariest thing about getting attached to a needy person is that a needy person can go to one extreme and get obsessive, or go to the other extreme where since they no longer feel needy for you, they can dump you unceremoniously. Why chance any of that with a second date?
When it is The Other Person
(You did nothing wrong)
In the next cluster of reasons we are going to look at reasons you were Ghosted that actually have nothing to do with you, but have everything to do with the other person. In this section, it is clear that you did not do anything wrong, or incorrectly. It is just a matter that the other person was the direct cause of you not getting a second date, and possibly involved in a situation that you may not have been aware of. So when someone tells you “no chemistry”, maybe there wasn’t any, or maybe there was, but it wasn’t enough.
13. The person was using you to pay for the meal and lavish date, or using you to get into a venue that you have access too. Once the person got what they wanted in exchange for a little compensation touching, they moved on to the next target. You never actually had a chance for a second date, because dating you again was never the goal. The goal was to use you for the experience of a date.
14. The person is running scared. The person did not expect to like you so much and wasn’t ready for the potential connection that seemed to be developing, so they ran away from you using any excuse they could think of. (Run Forest Run!) Some people really have a fear of intimacy and you came across too good to be true. For example: Your date was a virgin (or very inexperienced) and did not know how to process intense emotions that comes after having a great first date. That person does not want to feel pressured into going on a second date, as they were not ready to experience the next level of intimacy that a second date may represent. (This is assuming that you did not have sex on that great first date.) The pressure that a virgin feels to perform sexually on subsequent dates can be more than enough to cancel any possibility of dating you in order to avoid that pressure. At the same time, they do not have to be in a position to admit to being an adult aged virgin (which can be stigmatizing for some).
15. The person is trying hard to date someone (i.e. you) who is not their type BUT isn't willing to push through the next level of a second date. You weren’t the type they were normally attracted to and they were looking to be open-minded on a first date, but could not fake it enough to make a second date happen. Sometimes people date as part of an experiment to try putting themselves out there in new situations to learn about who they are (self-actualization). This could involve dating someone they weren’t really attracted too in the first place. Usually, this kind of self-actualization process requires the person to give people like you an honest chance with a series of dates before calling it quits, but not everyone has that level of resolve.
16. The person lied on the first date about something, and is worried they will get found out. You got dumped before you even have the chance to dump them later on when you would have found out the truth. People who lie on a first date are not usually expecting to have a second date, or subsequent dates. It can happen that they realize they really like you, but they know that they have already ruined their long-term chances by lying early on. In most cases the person in question might be self-sabotaging with this kind of behavior pattern as part of a fear of intimacy, which helps keep them out of any potential serious relationships. A person that lies so much might have incredibly low self-esteem and figures that you will eventually end it when you get to know them, so they dump you first even though they actually want to date you. They feel it is better to dump you now instead of you abandoning them later, and justifying their low self-esteem.
17. The person was a professional (sugar baby/sex worker) looking for you to pay money for companionship on an ongoing basis. They discovered through the process of the date that you were either not wealthy enough or not willing to accept such an arrangement. Rather than try to change your mind or reveal their true intentions, they would rather focus on recruiting an easier client and cancelled any second date you tried to set up. This gave them the ease of not having to reveal their true intentions if they wanted to keep their economic interests a private matter.
18. The person was running a bet or taking part in a contest with some friends. Maybe it was who could they get to date them? Maybe it was how many first dates could they get, or how far they could get someone attached to them who wanted a second date? This one is cruel, but it does happen. You might have been a target for someone else’s participation in a contest or bet that had nothing to do with you. One such scam I came across in my coaching practice involved getting the “targets” into heated text messages after being dumped and insulted. The texts would then be posted online as a means of ridicule. Very cruel indeed! If something like that ever happens to you, as much as you are being baited to write back hatefully, try as much as possible to walk away. The person you think you are cursing out might not even be the one writing to you.
19. The person wants to play a mind-game with you to see if you will chase them. Some people are legitimately interested in you, but the way they react to any attachment/attraction is to push that person away really hard to see if they are going to “prove” themself and chase them. Some people will have no interest in you at all, but they love the attention you may shower on them by pushing you away, and having you come back to chase them again. Some of these people could be suffering from a mental illness of some kind, while others are just malicious. Either way, if someone pushes you away that much, accept it and move on.
20. The person was a people pleaser. Fear of conflict makes some people act completely agreeable during the first date to the point of misleading you to think you actually stand a chance at a second date. They hide behind a polite façade to the point of aggressively going along in the moment with anything someone presents them with, to the point where they react with a backlash the next day with a rejection. It might be a good thing that you did not end up dating that person more than you did!
21. The person was cheating on an existing partner (or attempting to cheat) They decided against it and ended it before things got out of hand. In this vain of thought, if the person was actually trying to cheat and got caught (or almost caught), it would make sense to end it quickly before you sent a series of text messages that the cheaters partner may come across. When someone tells you “no-chemistry” most people will back off at that point, which is what the cheater counts on.
22-The person has a sexually transmitted infection (STI). I have come across difference cases of this as a coach. Some people with an STI desire socializing, even limited physical touching, but cannot risk giving into the impulse to have sex, so the person cancels any potential future dates where sex could happen. Instead of wondering why someone broke your heart, you might actually consider being grateful that someone may have just spared your health without you knowing it. It is easier for an infected person to dump someone than to expose their health status to a relative stranger. In other cases, a person with an STI rather than deal with being in a relationship may go out for anonymous sex without ever telling their lovers of their condition unless directly asked about it. It is easier to simply disappear after a first date sexual encounter, than to go on subsequent dates where the person would have to reveal their status of their STI, which they would rather keep private.
23. The person is just not ready for something serious. It is very possible that the person really liked you and really thought about getting more serious with you, but then decided that you were too a good a distraction and did not want to be tempted. Some people need to be hyper focused on things like getting an education, establishing a career, or even raising kids, and are just looking to causally date and have fun. However, they met you, and really liked you and even considered allowing themselves to break their own rules, which explains why the first date was so great. However, realizing that you really are the right person, but at the wrong time in their lives, it can be easier for some people to let you go completely instead of continuing to see you and be tempted with a strong distraction from their previous set goal plan. Others may or may not agree with this decision, but the issue is not whether it is agreeable; the matter is what it is.
24. The person is Immature. Very sad to say that at some point, it really can come down to a simple matter of a lack of maturity. The inability to know what they want, getting swept away in the moment of the first date, then making the snap decision to recant and disassociate without the benefit of a more personalized goodbye. It has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with the person being too immature to take any accountability or responsibility for their own actions, or for leading you on.
When it is Neither of You
Lastly, in this next section are situations where it is not you, or the other person that is at the source of you not getting a second date, but some real possible situations that people find themselves in, or issues of compatibility that has nothing to do with how a person feels. Rather than discuss the real reasons, it is easier for people that do not know each other beyond a great first date, to simply cite “no chemistry”, so that they can end this particular stage with you, because it is just easier that way when life happens.
25. The person was hit with a crisis situation that required all of their focus and attention, and simply was not in a position to even entertain getting into a relationship much less date. A personal medical diagnosis, sickness of a family member, the death of a loved one, the loss of a job, and any other major sense of loss that a person would have to cope with. Tragedy can kill any feeling of chemistry that may have actually existed, and the person would rather set you free than to be honest and risk you wasting your time waiting for them. Tragedy changes people, and the person they become might not be a good dating partner for you in the future anyways.
26. The person could have been triggered by a past trauma and just cannot date you. It has nothing to do with you personally. It could be that you remind the person of someone that hurt them; or it could be the feeling of connection and chemistry that triggered them; and they associate good feelings with a core hurt. It is easier to dump you than to deal with past trauma.
27. The person was struggling and/or questioning their sexual orientation. They decided to try to date someone like you to see what it would be like, to either prove, confirm, or disprove something. Sometimes you are just someone else’s experiment while questioning.
28. The person really liked you and intended to date you again, but felt their friends and or family would not approve of you so they dumped you. Family and friends can be very important factors in deciding whom a person continues to date. It is interesting to note that seeking the validation of friends and family approval is why some people will continue to end up perpetually single.
29. The person was seeing multiple people at the same time, and someone made the move before you did to earn a monogamous commitment. For this reason the person had to dump all the other people they were dating. I have witnessed how dating another person can motivate an admirer to pursue someone. It is a common enough occurrence that as soon as someone starts going on dates, others who worshipped from afar, or who were dating casually until now, suddenly feel compelled to make a move and secure the affections of their would-be lover. Sometimes people can date you just to make someone else jealous for exactly this reason.
30. The ex of the other person came back into the picture between your first and second date. It is easier to tell you that they felt no chemistry, instead of telling you the truth. With that said, if the communication is happening right in front of the newly returned partner/formerly ex, it would make sense for the person to completely downplay any chemistry that might have actually existed. There is nothing quite like seeing the person you like dating others to light a fire of motivation to aggressively pursue (whether out of jealousy, or a legitimate belief that they should be together).
31. Off Limits. After a great first date, the person comes to identify you as an “Off-Limits” person. This means that they came to realize that you were someone they never should have had a first date with, or they already had such a hesitation, gave into temptation, but afterwards came to their senses not to pursue you any further. Perhaps you are a co-worker and they do not want to complicate anything by putting their careers in jeopardy if things go really bad. Perhaps they realize that they were romantically involved in the past with one of your friends or a family member (or vice-versa), and would rather follow a rule of non-fraternization. Putting someone in the “Off Limits” category is about avoiding dating someone who, for reasons that have nothing to do how you feel about the person, could complicate other areas of their life.
32. Different stages in life. After a great first date the person goes home and recognizes that you are both at very different stages in life. For example: One of you wants the lifestyle that comes with retirement, while the other to seeks a lifestyle that is just starting out with a family or new career. A great first date can reveal the awesome potential you may have as a couple, but if your lifestyles are incompatible because of the different stages you may be at, those incompatibilities may be more than enough to end things before a second date ever gets started.
33. It’s about the kids. This reason lumps together all the cases having to do with having kids. Perhaps it is that one of you wants kids, and it comes up during the date that the other does not want, or cannot have kids. Perhaps is it a matter of one person never wanting to be a parent or step-parent, only to find out the other is a single parent already. It could be that one person is not interested in helping raise younger children, and the other person has younger children. It can be politically incorrect for anyone to claim they are skipping a second date, after a great first date, because of the issues surrounding having children. There is no fault, blame or judgments here. Just people that went on a date who are not compatible for a long-term involvement because the issues surrounding having kids will eventually end the involvement regardless of what a great start it had.
34. Incompatible pasts. Each day of our lives we all make choices, and with each choice we make there are consequences. We do not control what those consequences might be. Whether it is a series of choices that leads to having a criminal record, choices affecting your health today, choices about the education you opted for, or the job environments you had to work in, or choices in the people you have dated in the past, each of us has a past built on the choices we made, both good choices or bad choices. Not everyone you date will be able to handle or accept your past, just as you will not be able to handle the past of everyone you ever date. There is a difference between being non-judgmental about someone’s past, and getting romantically involved with someone with a past that you would not want to be associated with. When getting more serious beyond a first date, it is important that you are with someone that can fully accept your past. If someone does not accept your past, or you cannot accept theirs, then it is best to end it. Again, no fault, blame, or judgments here. Just people that went on a date but are not compatible for a long-term involvement.
35. Sexually incompatible. This is different from a person just being lousy at sex. The issue here is that you were not compatible. For example: If the other person was just looking for a one-night stand and you did not make the first move or give them a sign, it is not just an issue of not having sex, but an issue of having different sexual values. Perhaps there is nothing wrong with your love-making skills, but you just aren’t used to going at the pace as your lover, it does not mean you aren’t good, it just means that you are not seeking the same kind of touch. Some people like a really gentle touch, while others like it more rough. There is nothing wrong with either. Even if you had sex on the first date but the sex was not what the other person is used too, or hoped for, and there was no sign or discussion that you have similar sexual values as the other person, then a lack of sexual compatibility can be classified as a lack of sexual chemistry.
36. There actually is no chemistry. The date came across as just two good friends hanging out but nothing more. It is good to get along with your date, but if all you do is act like good buddies, it may not be enough to help generate attraction. And yes, even if you had sex on a first date, friends can experience casual sex together and enjoy their time together, but still lack the chemistry necessary to take it to the next level. So when someone tells you that they did not feel any chemistry, it is possible they are lying for any number of the reasons listed above, or maybe they are being rather truthful, in that they just did not feel what they needed to feel to see you as anything more than a friend (that they were willing to try having sex with).
Chances are, that in reading these stories from my years of coaching, you might see yourself in one of them, or even come up with a few more possible reasons on your own.
Regardless of the reason, you might just be better off without a person that would Ghost you to begin with.
You are not in control of others rejecting you. You are only in control of how you come across. If you are coming across in ways that unintentionally turn people off there are things you can do to change that. Just do not give up. Even with the odds against you, you can still find what you are looking for, as long as you are willing to put in the work. With that said if you continue to have no second dates, you may want to sign up and see a dating coach, before no second dates turns into no first dates either.
25 reasons you got ghosted dumped after a great first date
by Frank Kermit
I recently came across a question about a particular dating dilemma. You go out on a first date that goes incredibly well. There is great music, mood, great talks, laughter, and physical contact including passionate kissing. Things are going so well that based on the way you are connecting, you both make plans for a second date. Then the next day, the person contacts you and says not interested and did not feel any chemistry. Why would anyone go through the motions of an entire first date as if they are interested, only to say in an impersonal communication the next day they did not feel any chemistry?
Actually, it could be a number of reasons. It really depends on the overall context. As a coach for dating and relationships, I have come across more than my fair share of reasons why people disappear after a great first date.
Here are some possibilities and reasons that come directly from my experience as a coach, working with people who have dumped someone after a great first date:
1-The date came across as just two good friends hanging out, but nothing more. It is good to get along with your date. But if all you do is act like good buddies without any sexual tension, then kissing may not be as passionate for the other person as it was for you.
2-The ex came back into the picture between your first and second date. It is easier to tell someone that they felt no chemistry, instead of telling you the truth. With that said, if the communication is happening right in front of the newly returned partner/formerly ex, it would make sense for the person to completely downplay any chemistry that might have actually existed.
3-The person was cheating (or attempting to cheat) but in the end decided against it and ended it before things got out of hand. In this vain of thought, if the person was actually trying to cheat and got caught (or almost caught), it would make sense to end it quickly before you turn stalker-like and send a series of messages that the cheater partner may come across. Hard to keep pursuing when someone tells you “no-chemistry”.
4-The person has a sexually transmitted infection (STI) and desires socializing, even limited physical touching, but cannot risk giving into the impulse to have sex, so the person cancels any potential future dates. Instead of wondering why someone broke your heart, you might actually consider being grateful that someone may have just spared you life without you knowing it. It is easier to dump a person than to expose themselves by revealing the true nature of their health status to a relative stranger.
5-The person was using you to pay for the meal and lavish date, or using you to get into a venue that you have access too. Once the person got what they wanted in exchange for a little compensation touching, they are moving on to the next target.
6-The person really liked you and intended to date you again, but felt their friends and or family would not approve of you so dumped you. The validation of friends and family approval is why some people will continue to end up perpetually single.
7-Something you said/did on the date turned the other person right off but the person could not react in the moment (for example, during the date you made insulting jokes about a particular group of people and the person is related to someone of that group). So instead of acting in the moment and revealing private personal information, the person chose to act as if everything was OK to protect their privacy for the rest of the night to be safe.
8-Each person has emotional needs. If you did not satisfy the emotional needs of the person you dated they will have no motivation to date you again. Maybe you seriously violated the person’s emotional needs, or you simply did not address them and were neutral.
9. The person is a virgin (or very inexperienced) and does not know how to process intense emotions that comes after having a great first date and does not want to feel pressured into going on a second date. Not everyone is ready to experience the next level of intimacy that a second date may represent.
10-The person is trying hard to date someone not their type BUT isn't willing to push through the next level of a second date. You weren’t the type they were normally attracted to, and they were looking to be open-minded for a first date, but just could not fake it enough to make a second date happen.
11-The person could have been triggered by a past trauma and just cannot date you. It has nothing to do with you personally. It could be that you remind the person of someone that hurt him or her; or it could be the feeling of connection and chemistry that triggered them; and associate those good feelings with a core hurt. It is easier to dump you than to deal with past trauma.
12-The person lied on the first date about something, and worries they will get found out. So you get dumped before you even have the chance to dump them later on when you find out the truth.
13. The other person was just looking for a one-night stand, but was waiting for you to make a move or give them a sign. When you did not, the person lost interest. If someone is just looking for a one-night-stand, they are not committed to anything they say in the moment, because the current moment is all that interests them. They were never interested in a second date. They just wanted sex that night, and when the moment passed, they aren’t interested in giving you another chance to waste time.
14-The person was a professional looking for you to pay money for companionship on an ongoing basis, but discovered through the process of the date that you were either not wealthy enough or not willing enough to accept such an arrangement. Rather than try to change your mind, or reveal their true intentions, they would rather focus on recruiting an easier client.
15-The person was seeing multiple people at the same time, and someone made the move before you did to earn a monogamous commitment and thus the person had to dump all other people he or she was dating.
16-The person was running a bet or taking part in a contest with some friends, about who they could get to date them, or how many first dates the person could get, or how far they could get someone attached and wanting a second date. This one is cruel, but it does happen. You might have just been a target for someone else’s participation in a contest bet that had nothing to do with you.
17-The person was struggling and/or questioning their sexual orientation and decided to try to date someone like you to see what it would be like, to either prove, confirm or disprove something. Sometimes you are just someone else’s experiment while questioning.
18-The person was hit with a crisis situation that required all of his or her focus and attention, and simply was not in a position to even entertain getting into a relationship much less date. A personal diagnosis, sickness of a family member, the death of a loved one, the loss of a job, and any other major sense of loss that a person would have to cope with. Tragedy can kill any feeling of chemistry that may have actually existed, and the person might rather set you free than to be honest and risk you wasting your time waiting for him or her. Tragedy changes people, and the person they become might not be a good dating partner for you in the future.
19-The person sensed that you generally have a good heart, and that they simply are not into you as much as you are into them. The person likes you a lot, but not as much as you liked them, so decided best to cut you loose before you get more attached and get really hurt. The person might be trying to be ethical after all, but has chosen a less than great way to do it.
20-The person looked you up on the Internet after the first date, and the searches revealed lots of information about you from your professional work profiles and on your social media. With the mystery gone, and perhaps finding out things about you and your worst moments and traits, it was a no-go from there. Maybe you a friends with someone that is an ex lover of theirs, or they do not like the social circles you keep.
21-The person was a people pleaser. Fear of conflict makes some people act completely agreeable during the first date, to the point of misleading you to think you actually stand a chance at a second date. They hide behind a polite façade to the point of aggressively going along in the moment with anything someone presents them with, to the point where they react with a backlash the next day with a rejection. Might be a good thing that you did not end up dating that person more than you did.
22-The person has incredibly low self-esteem and figures that you will eventually end it when you get to know them, so they dump you first, even though they actually want to date you. Better to dump you now instead of you abandoning them later and justifying their low self-esteem.
23-The person wants to play a mind-game with you to see if you will chase them. Some are legitimately interested in you, but the way they react to any attachment/attraction is to push you away really hard to see if you are going to “prove” yourself and chase them really hard. Some have no interest in you at all, but just love the attention you may shower them with by pushing you away and watching you chase them. Some of these people could be suffering from a mental illness of some kind, while others are just malicious. Either way, if someone pushes you away that much, maybe you should just accept it.
24-The person is running scared. The person did not expect to like you so much and wasn’t ready for the potential connection that seemed to be developing, so they ran away from you using any excuse they could think of. (Run Forest Run!) Some people really have a fear of intimacy and you came across too good to be true.
25-Maybe the person really likes your company in the moment but does not see a long-term future. If someone is seeking out a serious long term partner, they may not want to spend their time with people who they are interested in, but do not believe will be there long term. Maybe the person really liked you and you read all the signs correctly. However, after the first date, it is possible the person reflected on their life goals and realized that they need to focus on dating people that have a serious long-term relationship candidacy and felt you did not qualify for that. Chances are, that in reading these stories from my years of coaching, you might see yourself in one of them, or even come up with a few more possible reasons on your own. You are not in control of others rejecting you. You are only in control of how you come across. If you are coming across in ways that unintentionally turn people off there are things you can do to change that. Just do not give up. Even with the odds against you, you can still find what you are looking for, as long as you are willing to put in the work.
5 ways to boost your confidence are explored in this contributed post.
Confidence is the key to life. It’s a way to help you believe in your own actions, and it assists in giving you the power you need to overcome adversity. Confidence also gives you the self-motivation it takes to succeed in life, whether it’s reaching your goal of marriage or operating a successful business. Confidence can be what makes or breaks our lives, so here are some tips to help inspire your confidence.
Believing in Yourself
Confidence is sometimes seen as a measure of how much you believe in yourself. Being able to go outside while wearing a suit and not feeling out of place? That’s confidence. The ability to stand up on a stage to speak to an audience? Confidence. Suggesting workplace changes to your boss for the sake of improving their business? Once again, confidence. If you believe in yourself and wash away the doubt, you’ll find that it’s much easier to live your life and make the right calls.
Your appearance is a huge part of your confidence. Whether it’s the clothes you wear or the smile you put on in public, your confidence can be determined by your outward appearance. You should keep yourself well-groomed, browse for custom suits that make you look comfortable and also practice better body language. Just remember that your appearance will be the first thing people see, and that’s how they will typically judge you the first time around.
Negative thoughts are pointless, useless and don’t serve any purpose other than to scare you and make you doubt. If self-belief is one of the keys to a confident lifestyle, then lowering your worth and spreading negative thoughts is a quick way to destroying any belief you have in yourself.
On the contrary, promoting positivity is a sure way to bolster your own self-worth. Learning to spread positive messages and thinking in a positive manner will help you maintain our confidence. Being able to smile and think logically in the face of adversity, be it a problem at work or an issue at home, will help you deal with problems quickly and efficiently. Your positivity will eventually grow on people and become infectious, and people will see you as a driving force of positive energy that will motivate them.
Knowing yourself is half the battle when aspiring for confidence. As mentioned before, confidence is how much you believe in yourself, but if you’re unsure about your own principles then this is almost impossible to achieve. Learn more about yourself by exploring things that you hide away from the public. Live the life you want to and embrace the thoughts and feelings you have. You’ll find it much easier to believe in yourself and grow confidence if you have a good understanding of your own personality.
There are many other ways to promote confidence in yourself, but these should give you a fantastic foundation to build upon. Just remember that finding confidence is an endless journey of self-discovery.
Chéngrén nánxìng wéi zhēn jìhuà de zhōngwén pínglùn.
Reviews in Chinese of The Adult Male Virgin Program.
****This program is only in English
Zhège chéngxù zhǐ yòng yīngwén
Frank處男研討會應該會引起很多女性的公憤， 但對很多男生來說是非常有用的。 我一直都以為女性們希望在兩性關係裡有男女平等。Kermit對這點有非常不一樣的看法。 Kermit認為你生唯一位男人， 你的責任就是引導。Frank也解釋為什麼壞男人會得到女生的喜愛。我從小就被教育要對女生紳士以及對她好。他說我們還是可以這樣做但是要適應的做， 也要同時給他不同的感受 (包括不好的)。
我是抱著很緊張的心情來參加處男講座會， 因為我已經是三十出頭的人了 。 當我寄e-mail給Frank Kermit的時後我是非常情緒的， 因為我從來沒跟任何人談過我的處境 。 隔天晚上我跟Frank Kermit通過電話 我聊的很好， 他給了我很多我可以馬上實行的意見 。這個講座會是能夠讓我掌握我感情方面的問題。 參加講座的當天我真的很緊張， 不過我還是逼我自己去參加。 講座開始時讓我感到舒適 ，大家都很友善 我們也當然擁有共同之處。 Frank Kermit分享了他自己痛苦的過去的故事 到現在成功的過程 。 這讓Frank Kermit證明他能了解我們的痛苦。 講座的話題進行的非常的細心何順暢。 我門了解到什麼是男人， 還有他的定義。 對我做重要的話題包括如何打扮自己的住家， 讓他更充滿有性的, 按摩技巧,為什麼有些女生會愛上壞男人, 保護女生的名譽, 如何主導性的發生。 除了這些之外還有更多的其他話題 。 在講座之前我門每個人都e-mail Frank Kermit我門自己想問的問題， 他在以無名的方式探討這些話題。 每個話題也是對在座的所有人非常有用 。 你能夠相信Frank Kermit對隱私的注重。你也能夠相信他能帶給你有效又現實的答案。 如過你是位年長痛苦的處男， 或是年輕的處男， 你應該要了解Frank跟他的講座是一個安全的地方讓你獲取這方面的知識 。
這次的處男講座讓我體會很深，讓我更為自己的性別更有自信以及幫助我有關性的問題。 Kermit回答我所有的問題 。 看到在座的各要兄弟舊的觀念被他改變 你可以感受到大家對性的想法轉變了360度 。
CD1 假如你有學過任何的兩性關係教學你應該把它們通通忘記， 因為這即將是你學過最好的課程讓你丟棄你的處男身。
我的旅程開始就預見Kermit。我們花了好一段時期的工夫了解一些有關女性的問題。我有機會學習到Frank的不同看法。我跟他學習的時間改變了我的一生。女生會誇我，但我不知道該對她們說些什麼。我很愚笨，我不懂得面對一個女孩的對我好 ...如何處碰女生對我來說也是一大問題，我曾經跟女生談話但在對話中感覺上像好姊妹。我開始在自己身上下工夫和採取Kermit的給我的意見，挑戰自我。Kermit使我成為一名男子漢。他挑戰我的兩性關係看關，使我面對兩性關係得真相 ...他打破了我的現實，問我的問題是大多數人不會花時間來問自己的。他講話非常直率也同時講到重點。我的身份變得堅強和有信心，我的個性正在慢慢變得突出。近9個月的發展，我終於失去了我的童真。我沒有任何壓力，我有Kermit感謝這一點。他的研討會幫助我解決一些舊的性關係疑問。我不再感到內疚作為一個喜歡性的男人。在此之前，每次當我身體接觸女生，我都會身體發麻不知如何是好。Kermit是一個能夠挑戰女性給的測試的男人。我學到了很多關於這一點，它幫助我處理這方面的問題更加容易。他還幫我重新塑造我的心態，並幫助了我極大的設置與女孩的關係。我所學到的東西以幫我改善人際關係了10倍。特別是在聊自己的故事，和跟一個女人找到相似之處得部分。我可以在兩分鐘內帶動有趣的話題，這是讓我擁有跟其他男生不一樣的地方。謝謝您的指導 ...Kermit你塑造了今天的我。我現在很接近我未來想要成為的人。
Ulasan dalam Bahasa Indonesia Dewasa
Reviews in Indonesian of The Adult Male Virgin Program.
****This program is only in English
Program ini hanya dalam bahasa Inggris
Indonesia translation of review:
Menghadiri seminar Frank pada Pria Dewasa Perjaka membuka cahaya baru bagi saya. Saya belajar banyak tentang bagaimana seksual di dunia ini. Sekarang saya merasa saya satu langkah lebih dekat untuk kehilangan keperawanan saya karena pengetahuan saya peroleh. Hal pertama yang saya pelajari adalah bahwa seorang pria harus memimpin interaksi dengan seorang wanita. Salah satu bagian penting dalam apa yang Frank bicarakan adalah tentang bahwa ada tanda-tanda bagaimana orang-orang dapat memberitahu Anda seorang perjaka. Ada baiknya untuk tahu bahwa ketika aku sedang dalam perkembangan kehilangan keperjakaan saya, saya bisa melakukan hal-hal untuk mencegah diri dari terlihat sendiri. Beberapa poin kunci yang saya pelajari selama seminar:
-Menjauhi orang-orang yang mencegah Anda dari berhubungan seks
-Langkah-langkah yang saya bisa ambil untuk kehilangan keperawananku
-Bagaimana pentingnya kehilangan keperawananku ASAP
-Bagaimana beberapa orang mengatakan berlaku untuk perempuan saja, tidak untuk laki-laki
-Bagaimana seks benar-benar berbeda dari apa yang sudah dianggap
Secara keseluruhan, saya merekomendasikan seminar ini kepada siapa saja yang merupakan laki-laki dewasa perjaka karena Anda bekerja untuk menyingkirkan masalah tentang keperjakaan Anda. Seminar Frank laki-laki dewasa perjaka adalah yang paling terperinci, lengkap dan segala sesuatu yang perlu Anda ketahui ada di dalamnya!
-R.O. umur 20
****استعراض برنامج الذكور البكر الذكور
aistierad barnamaj aldhukur albikr aldhukur
Reviews in Arabic of The Adult Male Virgin Program.
****This program is only in English
هذا البرنامج باللغة الإنجليزية
hadha albarnamaj biallughat al'iinjlizia
هذه الحلقه التي تمتد يوما واحدا هي منقذه للحياه. كرمت فتح عيني إلى وجود العالم الجنسي في الخارج. نفس العالم الذي كنت أعيشه و لكن مع عدم وجود اي فكره عن اسراره. اسرار أحتفظت بعيد عن العذر في مجتمعنا مثل نفسي السابقه. الناس يمارسون الجنس كل الوقت ، الفتيات ، حتى المتدينات يمارسون الجنس بشكل منتظم و هم يحبون ذلك.
أفضل المنتجات التي صممت خصيصا لالعذارى الذكور البالغين. صريح يعطي مستمعيه أفضل المعرفة في فهم السبب في انهم لا تزال عذراء. كان عليما قوية مثل ويشمل أيضا بعض من قصصه الشخصية. فرانك يعطينا علامات العذارى من الذكور البالغين ، وكيفية زيادة النجاح الخاصة بك. وهو أيضا كامل من نصائح رائعة من هذا القبيل على ما يجب القيام به المرة الأولى لك ، وكيف أن تكون مستعد لذلك. غادر فرانك لي مع الخطوات البسيطة جدا بشأن أفضل وسيلة لانقاص البكارة الخاص. فرانك حاضر أيضا على أهمية الجنس في العلاقة ، وكيف لا يصدق أنه يؤثر على المرأة. لا أستطيع أن أوصي هذا المنتج بعد الآن على أي شخص بالغ آخر خارج العذراء . فرانك يتحدث عن هذا الموضوع حساس جدا وبنضج الحيلة للغاية. بعد حضور هذه المحاضرة ، وأنا شخص جديد. المعرفةب فرانك قد تؤدي بي على طريق النجاح
هذه الندوة مع فرانك على الذكور البالغين العذارى فتحت ضوءا جديدا تماما بالنسبة لي. تعلمت الكثير عن كيفية الجنس في هذا العالم. الآن أشعر أنني خطوة واحده أقرب إلى فقدان العذرية بسبب المعرفةما لقد اكتسبته. أول شيء تعلمته هو أن الرجل يجب أن يؤدي الى التفاعل مع امرأة. دورا هاما في المحاضره هو فرانك قال محادثات حول ان هناك علامات على كيف يمكن للناس ان اقول لهم انهم عذراء. ومن الجيد أن نعرف ذلك من الممكن أن افعل أشياء لمنع نفسي من النظر الى مثل واحد اعذر. بعض النقاط الرئيسية التي تعلمتها خلال الندوة :
التقيت كيرميت عندما بدأت رحلتي الأولى. قضينا فترة جيدة من الوقت في العمل على بعض القضايا المتعلقة بالمرأة كان عندي واتيحت لي فرصة للتعلم على رأيه في أوضاع مختلفة. ولقد تغير فكري بعد هذا الوقت قضيت لي معه منذ ذلك الحين. والمرأة دائما ما يقدمون لي المديح ، ولكن لم أكن أعرف ماذا أقول. كنت خائفا أحمق عندما أتيحت لي لمواجهة الفتاة التي كان جذابا للسلوك السيء... لمس الفتاة كانت أيضا قضية كبيرة بالنسبة لي ، لاجراء محادثات مع النساء وحديثنا سيكون عديم الجنس بشكل كامل. بدأت العمل على نفسي يوما بعد يوم ، واتخاذ المشورة من كيرميت الأولي جعلني مواجهة التحديات التي وضعت لنفسي. تحولت كيرميت حولني الي رجل. وتحدى وجهات نظري على أرض الواقع وجعلني اكثر مواجهة الحقيقة حول العلاقات... كسر فقاعة بلدي وسألني أسئلة أن معظم الرجال لن تأخذ من الوقت لتسأل نفسها. وكان صادقا معي ، وإلى هذه النقطة. أصبحت هويتي أقوى وتأكيد الذات بصفتي كائنا جنسيا أصبح ببطء بارزة. ما يقرب من تسعة أشهر بعد تعلمي كل هذا ، لقد فقدت عذريتي أخيرا. لم يكن لدي أي ضغط من أي نوع ، لدي كيرميت أن أتوجه بالشكر لهذا الغرض. ساعدت الندوة صاحب لي حل بعض المراسي القديمة فيما يتعلق بالجنس. لم أعد أشعر بالذنب لكونه رجل الجنسي. من قبل ، وعندما تسير الأمور ستبدأ في الاقتراب من ممارسه الجنس مع النساء ، فجاه اتجمد ولا اعرف ما افعل. كيرميت هو سيد في تحدي تجارب المرأة. لقد تعلمت الكثير عن هذا وانه ساعدني التعامل معها بسهولة أكبر بكثير. وقد ساعد أيضا إعادة تشكيل عقلية لي بشأن العلاقات وساعدني بشكل كبير في تحديد العلاقة مع الفتاة التي انا حاليا اخرج معها. وتحسنت مهاراتي في تشكيل اتصال جيد مع شخص عشرة أضعاف. وخاصة عندما تقول قصة العثور على أوجه التشابه ومع امرأة. أنا يمكن أن اكون محادثة مثيرة للاهتمام في دقيقتين ، فإنه يجعلني اكون افضل من جميع الرجال الآخرين. شكرا لقيادتكم كيرميت... كنت قد قدمت لي وأنا الذي أصبح اليوم. وأنا قريب جدا من الشخص الذي يمكنني تصور نفسي دائما
يمكن أن تكون من الذكور في مرحلة ما بعد المراهقة أعذر سوف يكون واحدا من أكثر وصم في مجتمع اليوم. مع المجتمع اغرقت لكم صورة من الذكور متعافيةولكن انت لست كذلك ما يسبب قهر الجنسي مع جميع النساء وسوف تشعر فشلا في نظر الثقافة الشعبية من حولك. حتى أن يرد عليه كلمة خاصة ، كلمة'العذرية' تشير إلى انها تحمل قوة كبيره. أنت أصبحت تشعر بالغربة من أصدقائك جميع الذكور الذين يتحدثون عن الفتيات جنسيا ، ويجب إخفاء هذا السر خوفا من العار او استخدامه ضدك. المرأة ، ، الذين يدعون إلى أن تكون لينة ، لطيفه ، ورعاية ضحايا الذين يريدون رجل لطيف وبدوره حولها ، تصب عار عليك انك عديم الخبرة الجنسيه. وكما لو أن كل ما سبق لم تكن سيئة بما فيه الكفاية هناك ألم شخصي جدا ، والحزن واليأس الذي لا يمكن وصفهاب الكلمات التي تطاردك كل لحظة من حياتك.