Here Are 7 Things to Consider for your Rustic Outdoor Wedding
by Natalka Celebrations
1. Bear in mind you will likely have to rent everything,
tent, flooring tables, chairs, bathrooms and sound systems.
2. Get all your permits:
Contact the municipality / parks department to arrange for a permit.
Don’t forget to find out about the rules regarding, trash removal,
candles, torches etc.
Alcohol Permit: If you plan to serve alcoholic beverages.
3. In case of inclement weather, provide umbrellas, lap blankets,
and propane heaters. Make sure your guests are comfortable:
provide, plenty of water, hand held fans, flip flops, spray sunscreen,
bug repellent, and on a really hot day,
prepare a bucket full of cold wet wash cloths.
Remind your guests to wear appropriate footwear.
4. Did you choose a public place?
You may have to put up with onlookers and
unwanted noisy distractions,
speak to your DJ about the appropriate sound system.
5. You picked your location because of the rustic beauty
and your decor should emulate the natural surroundings,
consider renting burlap, unfinished wood decor,
vintage furniture and table top elements.
6. Lighting: Lanterns both glass and paper, twinkle lights,
torches and candles (if permitted. See # 2).
7. Consider a menu fitting for an outdoor wedding,
discuss food ideas with your caterer
that do well at an outdoor wedding.
-Natalka Lee Gach
Wedding Planner, Co-coordinator and Consultant
Dr. Laurie Betito Quotes